Political Information
Legal Basis of Creation:
Date of Ratification / Plebiscite:
No. of Registered Voters: 496
No. of Precincts:
Physical Information
Land Area (in heactares)  284,780 sq.m.
Barangay Category Urban
Land Classification Coastal
Major Economic Agricultural, Fishing
Fiscal Information
A. External Sources
Internal Revenue Allotment  Php 1,250,985.00
B. Local Sources
RPT Share Php 9,000.00
Fees & Charges Php 14,000.00
Others Php 1,000.00
Total Income Php 1,274,985.00
Demographic Information
Total Population 814
No. of Female 395
No. of Male 419
No. of Families 216
No. of Households 183
No. of Labor Force
No. of Unemployed
Source RBI
Year captured
Basic Utilities / Services
Largest Power Supply Distributor Electric Cooperative
Major Water Supply Level of Households Water supplied by wells/spring in the brgy., Water supplied through water faucets in individual households
No. of Households with access to potable water supply 183
Existing Means of Transportation Jeep, Tricycle, Motorcycle, Horse/Carabao, Banca
Existing Means of Communication  Mobile phone
Awards / Recognition received by the barangay or barangay officials
National Level
Regional Level
Local Level BCPC & Good Governance



Formerly, Barangay Umilig was one of the early settlements of the Christian converts by the Spanish. A Spanish friar, Fray Leon Sanz introduced festivity as a celebration for the residents of the particular place or area. The natives and residents of the neighboring barangays came to gather and enjoy the activities. Fr. Sanz, was a jolly enthusiastic and good fellow and, was very popular in the village. Festivities were celebrated every full moon throughout the year.

Another added attractions and interests for the visitors were the native mestizas. It seems everyone who came, joined and participated in every activities were full of energy and enjoyed until the end of the activities-  “Ang sinadya diri naga-ilig”, while an overview of the bluish seawater could be seen afar. Evidently, the place was popularly known as “sa ilig”. Lately, on 1931, the place was called “Umilig”.