|Legal Basis of Creation:|
|Date of Ratification / Plebiscite:|
|No. of Registered Voters:|
|No. of Precincts:|
|Land Area (in heactares)||712,390 sq.m.|
|Major Economic||Fishing, Commercial|
|A. External Sources|
|Internal Revenue Allotment||Php 1,998,213.00|
|B. Local Sources|
|RPT Share||Php 10,000.00|
|Fees & Charges||Php 10,000.00|
|Total Income||Php 2,020,213.00|
|No. of Female||1,332|
|No. of Male||1,331|
|No. of Families||750|
|No. of Households||568|
|No. of Labor Force|
|No. of Unemployed|
|Basic Utilities / Services|
|Largest Power Supply Distributor||Electric Cooperative|
|Major Water Supply Level of Households|
|No. of Households with access to potable water supply||568|
|Existing Means of Transportation||Jeep, Private Vehicle, Tricycle, Motorcycle|
|Existing Means of Communication||Mobile phone|
|Awards / Recognition received by the barangay or barangay officials|
Long time ago, there was a place which the native called “Guibuangan”– a small village along the coastal area that serves as port of “paraws”– a small wind-driven sailboat used by the native as means to transport passengers and goods in going to Iloilo and back to Guimaras. It embraces the mouth of the serene Daliran River which flowed from Daliran Cave located in Barangay Old Poblacion.
Along the seacoast of Guibuangan, a structure- the Mansion of Mr. Federico Zaragoza was built. Many houses were built behind the mansion considering that they could take shield during typhoons. There, could be viewed the long stretch of “Pasil” (white sand beach) and the scarlet sunset every fine afternoon. The port area that stretches towards Guimaras-Iloilo Strait, became a busy commercial area especially during afternoon when “tuba” stalls and grill-stands sprouted like mushrooms.
Meanwhile on October 15, 1904, while strolling along the coastal shores a native of Guibuangan named Mr. Alejandro Damian was so amazed when he found an image drifted on the shore. Undoubtedly, he immediately informed Mr. Federico Zaragoza or the native popularly called him “Tiyo Ikong”– the village religious leader and benefactor. Upon knowing, Tiyo Ikong followed by many villagers suddenly went to the area. As they arrived, they knelt and prayed in front of the image- a Madonna and a Child holding a Holy Rosary in her right hand and of about four feet tall. Then, after they have prayed, they all felt very fine with great joy. Through the cooperation of the villagers, a chapel was built and was financed by Tiyo Ikong who was formerly the manager of Warner Barnes- an American freight company in Muelley Loney Street, Iloilo and supervised by Justo Fruto.
The image was acclaimed not only by their fellow villagers but also by the neighboring villages with great joy and devotion. Since then, they decided that Nuestra Señora del Rosario be their Patron Saint.
The devotees held a nine successive days of Novena Masses at early dawn. A solemn “Tedeum” Mass was celebrated by Fr.Francisco Obisiana of the Iglesia Filipina Independiente on October 20, 1904. Hence, it was considered as the first Fiesta of Santo Rosario.