|Legal Basis of Creation:|
|Date of Ratification / Plebiscite:|
|No. of Registered Voters:||2,800|
|No. of Precincts:|
|Land Area (in hectares)||211 has.|
|Major Economic||Agricultural, Commercial|
|A. External Sources|
|Internal Revenue Allotment||Php 2,616,389.00|
|B. Local Sources|
|RPT Share||Php 65,000.00|
|Fees & Charges||Php 42,000.00|
|Total Income||Php 2,725,389.00|
|No. of Female||1,983|
|No. of Male||2,001|
|No. of Families||1,086|
|No. of Households||882|
|No. of Labor Force|
|No. of Unemployed|
|Basic Utilities / Services|
|Largest Power Supply Distributor||Electric Cooperative|
|Major Water Supply Level of Households||Water supplied by wells/spring in the brgy., Water supplied through water faucets in individual households|
|No. of Households with access to potable water supply||882|
|Existing Means of Transportation||Jeep, Private Vehicle, Tricycle, Motorcycle|
|Existing Means of Communication||Mobile phone|
|Awards / Recognition received by the barangay or barangay officials|
|Local Level||Top 5 Lupon Awards, BCPC No. 7|
During the year of 1920’s or earlier, there was an area popularly called “Sitio Calingao” situated in Barangay Ambulong, now Barangay Salvacion. In year 1930’s, a “balikbayan” named Vicente San Agustin and his wife Señora Rosario spent a vacation in this place which they considered as the place good for their summer vacation.
Señora Rosario commonly called by his relatives and friends as “Ñora Charing”. In that area, there were only few houses where most of the residents were Aglipayans. However, Ñora Charing was a devout Roman Catholic. Therefore, she decided and initiated to construct a chapel, and when it was finished, they named it with the “Our Lady of the Holy Rosary” as their Patron Saint. Catholic residents attended Holy Mass every Sunday, then, they merrily celebrated their annual fiesta every last Sunday of October. As a result, people were gradually converted back to the Roman Catholic Faith.
Every fiesta, people from different places, especially friends of Charing from Iloilo came and visited the place and witnessed the affair particularly those activities best prepared by Charing. It became the busiest and happiest place in Buenavista during that time, hence, they called it “Calingao” inscribed from a Hiligaynon word “Lingao” which means “to entertain” or “being entertained”.
In 1946, the Municipal Council passed a resolution requesting the President of the Republic of the Philippines to approve the transfer of the seat of the Local Government to Sitio Calingao, Barangay Salvacion. Officially, by virtue of Executive Order No. 409, dated February 7, 1951 of His Excellency President Elpedio Quirino, the town-site was transferred to Sitio Calingao, accordingly, the name Sitio Calingao was changed to Barangay New Poblacion, while the old town-site named Barangay Old Poblacion or “Daan Banwa” as commonly called by the residents.