Historical Sites

 

       

 

The New Municipal Building

 

       
       
   

 

 It is located in Barangay New Poblacion Buenavista, Guimaras

In 2007, the landmark of Buenavista was constructed , the modern municipal building , a mark of progress of the

mother town of the island Province of Guimaras.

   
         
   

 

The OLD Municipal Building

 

   
       
   

 

 It is located in Barangay Old Poblacion, Buenavista, Guimaras

The municipal town hall in the Old Poblacion was an elevated structure gleaned from the ruins of the

building with a “terasa” or terrace where one could see the beautiful view of Guimaras Strait. According to stories,

the ground structure served as the prison cell during that time for those who committed crimes against the government.

The building was presumably constructed in 1881.

   
         
   

 

HEROES PARK

 

   
       
   

 

It is located in Barangay New Poblacion, Buenavista, Guimaras

Mini Park and Heroes Memorial Park one of the newest landmarks in Buenavista today, to remind each and

every one of the famous men who have fought and died for Buenavista.

A historical landmark in the town plaza was constructed in recognition of the courage and heroism of

Buenavistahanons who fell victims to the holocaust of war. The memorial for the town heroes during the

global was stands out significantly in the town plaza.

   
         
   

 

MC ARTHUR's WHARF

 

   
       
   

 

It is located in Barangay Sto. Rosario, Buenavista, Guimaras

It is formerly known as “Buenavista Wharf”. It was built by

Lt. Douglas McArthur in 1903 while on duty with the US Corps of Engineers.

It was near this place where McArthur fresh from West Point Germany was

ambushed by guerillas which barely missed his head and perhaps could have changed the course of history.

   
         
   

 

MC ARTHUR’S HEADQUARTERS (CAMP JOSSMAN)

 

   
       
   

 

It is located in Barangay Supang, Buenavista, Guimaras

Brgy. Supang is about seven (7) kilometers long. Built by the corps of engineer under

General Douglas McArthur , during his stay in Camp Jossman in Brgy. Supang in 1903 to 1904.

In 1901-1912 the Americans captured Barangay Supang. A US reservation camp known as Camp Jossman

was established. It was composed of regiment of American soldiers and two (2) battalions of the Philippine Scouts.

They were responsible for the construction of Sto. Rosario Wharf, Gen. Douglas McArthur then fresh from

US Military School made Supang as their headquarters.

   
         
   

 

PUNTA BLANCO TARGET RANGE

 

   
   

   
   

 

It is located in Barangay San Roque, Buenavista, Guimaras

During the American regime, under the leadership of Gen. Douglas McArthur, a shooting range was constructed.

It was named Punta Blanco by Douglas Mc Arthur; it was composed of three trails, one in Tinadtaran,

in Nazaret and in Supang located in Camp Jossman.