1st Mayor's Cup Invitational Fishing Tournament
Municipality of Buenavista, Guimaras
Tournament Rules and Regulations
Bottom Fishing Category
- General Rules
- Participation is by means of invitation from the committee.
- Registration of participants from Iloilo and other places will be at Go Fish Anglers Club located at Angeles Arcade Bldg., Mabini Street, Iloilo City. For those Participants in Guimaras will register with the Municipality of Buenavista. Deadline for registration will be on May 8, 2014 after which no registration will be entertained. Registration fee for members is Php 100.00. (One Hundred Pesos)
- Participants/Team should submit the necessary entry forms and other requirements not later than the deadline. Nobody is allowed to participate without the required duly accomplished entry waiver forms. All Teams/Participants must be present at the designated area. (Buenavista Port, Guimaras) Take Off time [Start of Tournament] is 7:00 a.m. And the Check in Time [End of Tournament] is 5:30 p.m.
- A minimum of six (6) and a maximum of Fifteen (15) participants can form a team in one (1) pump boat.
- Each boat will have a judge appointed by the committee and no boat may leave the port without a judge on board otherwise the same will be disqualified from the tournament.
- Participants must pay the rental for pump boat provided by the committee and provide for their own food, water, baits, life jackets and other needed supplies.
- All time pieces of watches must be synchronized with that of the tournament committee before kickoff time.
- The protest of a team, individual or disqualification call of the judge can be placed in the tally sheet, citing the Rules and Regulations violated. An Arbitrary committee will review the protest.
- All participating judges will be free from payment of boat rental and can fish or enter the tournament just like any other participant but their catch will be for the Individual Category only. All judges are likewise required to bring their own Baits and Provisions.
- In case of ties, individual or team, a first to check in rule shall apply.
- A whistle shall be provided to every team, to be used by the assigned judge. In the event that the other team's pump boat will get closer (distance allowed 60 meters) a three (3) long blast blown to serve as warning. As acknowledgement the other side will respond with one (1) long blast.
- Boat crew are strictly prohibited to participate in fishing except to assist in the use of net and gaff to land the fish, otherwise the whole team is disqualified.
- Team Captains and Judges are required to report immediately to the tournament committee upon arrival at the designated area not later than the announced time of the end of the tournament or risk disqualification.
- Any team who allows unregistered participant or non-members to fish will be disqualified.
- Any team member or guests are not allowed to leave the pump boat during the tournament proper except for emergencies, provided the judge consented; otherwise the whole team will be disqualified.
- A sixty (60) meter approximate distance between two (2) pump boats including anchor line shall be observed. In case of two (2) pump boats who happened to be at the same fishing area. a.) The first to arrive rule shall apply. b.) If ever entanglements will happen, the second team to arrive may face disqualification.
- In case of two (2) pump boats on the same fishing area, any team member who will fully or intentionally interferes with the team member on the other pump boat, while trying to land his catch causing the line to break off, the penalty to be imposed is that the whole team will be disqualified.
- Each team should have a Team Banner or Identifying Marks and approved by the Tournament Committee, this should be displayed at the pump boat before the kick off and all throughout the tournament, and shall be removed only upon docking. In case of emergency the Team Banner or Identifying Marks shall be displayed upside down.
- The Tournament Committee shall declare the Winners, and the same is deemed final.
- Equipment regulations
- Monofilament Lines will qualify
- Wire Lines are prohibited (braid line …. etc)
B. Line Backing
- Backing not attached to fishing line is permissible with no restriction as to size or materials.
- If the fishing line is attached to the backing, the catch shall be classified under the heavier of the two (2) lines.
- All leaders must be monofilament
- A fishing rod is required
- An angler is allowed to use one (1) rod only.
- An angler is allowed to use one (1) reel at a time, but is allowed to bring spare reel or spool in the event the first reel breaks.
- In cases of spool out, the angler can reload his line. The heavier line used shall prevail.
- Reel used shall be limited to manual efforts and no external or electrical devices shall be allowed in aiding the angler in landing the catch or giving him an unfair advantage over the catch.
F. Hooks and Lures
- During the tournament proper, the angler is allowed to use one (1) single hook.
- Artificial lures and jigs are allowed provided the angler uses one (1) single hook at a time.
G. Other Equipment
- Landing Nets and Gaffs are allowed and should not exceed eight (8) feet or 2.44 meters in overall length.
- A safety line maybe attached to the rod provided that it does not in any way assist the angler in fighting the fish.
- Fighting belts are allowed during tournaments
- Rod holders may be used
- Floaters or any such devices are not allowed.
- Angling Regulations
A. From the time that a fish strikes or take the bait or lure, the angler must hook, fight, and land or boat the fish without the aid of any person.
B. If a rod holder is used and a fish strikes or take the bait or lure, the angler must remove the rod from the rod holder as quickly as possible. The intent of this rule is that the angler shall strike, hook and fight the fish with the rod in hand.
C. Use of rod belt or waist gimbals is permitted.
D. The following marine species are not qualified as a catch:
- Sharks and Rays and its sub species
- Crustaceans and mollusks
- Marine Mammals (i.e. dolphins, whales …)
- Puffer Fish
- Jelly Fish
E. A catch of less than eight (8) inches from tip of head to tip of tail and as well as other endangered species of fish or mammals should be released back to the water.
F. The following will disqualify the catch:
- The use of hand line
- Use of multiple hooks on a single line
- Use of single hook with multiple end points not including the barbs.
- If a fish escapes before netting or gaffing and is captured by any method other than as outlined in the angling rules.
- Intentionally foul hooking the fish.
- The act of persons other than the angler in touching any part of the rod, reel or line from the time the fish strikes or takes the bait or lure until the fish is landed.
G. The following will disqualify a catch:
- When a rod breaks while the fish is being played.
- Mutilation to the fish, prior to landing or boating the catch, caused by sharks or other fish, mammal or propellers that removes or penetrates the flesh
- When a fish is hooked or entangled on more than one line.